1. Home
  2. /
  3. News
  4. /
  5. Nifty Closing: NSE Top...

Nifty Closing: NSE Top Gainer & Loser Stocks on 11th December ’23

  1. Home
  2. »
  3. News
  4. »
  5. Nifty Closing: NSE Top Gainer…
5
(1)

Today the domestic stock market was flat without any major cues. The Nifty 50 hit a fresh all-time high again at 21026.10 and finally closed at 20994.50 gaining 0.12% today.

Source: NSE

The metal, media and banking sectors pushed the market today with some fresh gains while most of the other sectors were flat throughout the day. However, only the pharma and healthcare sectors went down in today’s session.

Let’s have a look at the top five nifty gainers and losers today.

Top 5 Gainer Stocks Today

StocksPrevious Closing Day’s PriceLTPChange (%)
ULTRACEMCO9,413.559,714.103.19
UPL585.26033.04
ADANIENT2,822.152,862.001.41
NESTLEIND24,789.6025,103.101.26
POWERGRID228.6231.451.25
Source: NSE

  1. Ultratech Cement: This stock went up 3.19% during today’s market session following its investor meeting details released on Friday. The positive sentiment in the real estate sector was a push as well for the stock to rise today. This construction material stock ended at 9714.10 today, up from its previous day’s close at 9413.55.
  2. UPL: The second top nifty gainer today is this agrochemical company, which rose 3.04% following the incorporation of its new step-down subsidiary, which happened last week. In addition, the positive market vibes added to the gains for this company.
  3. Adani Enterprise: After a small stance of profit booking, again this Adani group stock rose today. The stock gained 1.41% following the 100% acquisition of Quintillion Business Media Limited (QBML) last Friday. Earlier, AMG Media Networks Limited, which is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Adani Enterprise, acquired 49% stakes of the company and now the remaining 51% stakes.
  4. Nestle India: This stock made it to the top nifty gainers after a long time. This FMCG stock rose 1.26% today and closed at 25103.10 from its previous close at 24789.60. The positive market sentiment was the prime reason behind the stock moving upward today.
  5. Power Grid Corporation: This power stock has been quite volatile in the recent few market sessions. Today it gained 1.25% and closed at 231.45.

 Top 5 Loser Stocks Today

StocksPrevious Closing Day’s PriceLTPChange (%)
DRREDDY5,763.905,475.70-5
AXISBANK1,131.201,115.00-1.43
CIPLA1,219.101,204.00-1.24
EICHERMOT4,055.004,012.00-1.06
M&M1,668.551,652.00-0.99
Source: NSE

  1. Dr Reddy: Following the allotment of ESOPs, today, this pharma company’s stock tanked 5%. It is also due to the negative sentiments in the pharma and healthcare sector today that led to Dr Reddy ending up in the red as a nifty loser.
  2. Axis Bank: As the private sector, banking sector was down today, this private sector bank went down by 1.43%. The stock price closed at 1115 down from its previous day’s closing price of 1131.20.
  3. Cipla: After the recall of a lot of Vigabatrin for Oral Solution, USP 500 mg as the sachets were leaking, the company witnessed a fall in its share price today. The stock lost 1.24% today and closed at 1204 down from its yesterday’s close at 1219.10.
  4. Eicher Motor: The auto stock fell 1.06% today following a slow auto sector and a flat oil and gas sector during today’s market session. This stock made it to the nifty losers list only due to adverse market cues today.
  5. M&M: Mahindra & Mahindra’s share price fell 0.99% following its monthly report released today. The exports dropped drastically for almost all the variants and segments, especially the commercial vehicles’ exports slashed by 50% almost on a YoY basis.

Wrapping up

Today, without any major global or domestic cues, the market was flat with no significant movement. However, the stocks, which made it to the top nifty losers and gainers, had some significant rises or falls.

How useful was this post?

Click on a star to rate it!

Average rating 5 / 5. Vote count: 1

No votes so far! Be the first to rate this post.

+ posts

I’m Archana R. Chettiar, an experienced content creator with
an affinity for writing on personal finance and other financial content. I
love to write on equity investing, retirement, managing money, and more.

Share on:

Want A Personalized Portfolio of 20-25 Potential High Growth Stocks?

*T&C Apply