The domestic equity market is in full swing, pouring gains for investors. Nifty 50 reclaimed its 19600 levels and ended the day at 19653.50, 0.55% up from its previous close.
RBI’s stance on keeping interest rates unchanged positively affects today’s market. Today, 39 stocks out of the Nifty 50 index ended in the green, only 10 dipped marginally, while one remained unchanged. Today’s Top gainers include stocks from financial services, consumer durables, FMCG, and the IT sector.
NSE Top 15 Gainer Stocks Today
|Stocks||Previous day’s closing price||Last trading Price Today||Change (%)|
- Bajaj Finserv: Today’s top gainer is this financial service company, which has gained 5.60% during the day. As the festive season has arrived, and this firm is offering financial services primarily for the FMCG and consumer durable industry, the investors seem hopeful about the stock. Moreover, RBI keeping its rate unchanged means more lending during the festivals.
- Bajaj Finance Ltd: Even the second gainer stock today is another finance company of Bajaj itself that is Bajaj Finance Ltd. The company gained 3.81% during the day following its fundraising announcement.
- Titan Company Limited: A positive stock market and festivals knocking at the door, pushing this stock upward. Titan gained 2.76% today. “VK Vijaykumar also suggested Titan to be a profitable investment for the upcoming days.” [Business Today]
- IndusInd Bank: This bank stock also poured 2.33% gains in today’s market session due to the positive sentiment inflicted by RBI. The bank also announced a change in its management today.
- Tata Consumer Product Ltd: This FMCG stock has gained 1.66% during the day tuning with the gaining market.
- ITC: Another FMCG stock has gained 1.50% today following the announcement of the release date of half-yearly on 19 October 2023. The investors seem positive about the upcoming results as they added funds to the company’s stock.
- UPL: Today, top gainer stocks also include this chemical manufacturing company. The stock of this agrochemical manufacturer increased by 1.27% in today’s market session.
- HDFC Life: Insurance stock HDFC Life also picked up momentum today and gained 1.23% by the end of the day. The gains primarily poured in due to the positive market sentiment. The stock was losing for the past four trading sessions. Yesterday, it closed at 624.95; today, it closed at 632, finally turning green.
- Infosys: This IT Company is on the upswing and gaining for the previous five market sessions. The price has increased in the past five sessions from 1429.65 to 1479.20 at close. Following the positive market set-up, the gained 1.08% today, and investors seem positive about its upcoming results on 12 October.
- JSW Steel: This metal stock is the tenth top gainer stock today, as it rose by 0.99% following the upswing in the overall market sentiment.
- TCS: Another IT stock rose by 0.89% to become the top gainer today. The stock has been moving up the ladder for the past few market sessions, even when the sector is in turmoil. The company has been ranked as Market Leader in supply chain services, a factor behind its surging prices and the overall market sentiment.
- Maruti: This automobile stock has been gaining for the previous three sessions owing to the festive season kicking in. The stock has gained another 0.88% today compared to yesterday’s close at 10262.
- BPCL: This stock has been pouring gains for the previous few sessions, riding on the crude oil prices movement for the past few days, which have turned favorable lately. Today, the stock gained 0.83% and closed at 347.30.
- Tech Mahindra: As the company announced the date for releasing its July-September quarter results on 25 October 2023, the stock gained around 0.79% in the market session today.
- SBI Life: Another insurance company made to the top gainers today. The stock gained 0.77% during the day’s session owing to the positive market sentiment.
The first week of October ended on a good note for the investors. All the sectors performed well today, especially financial services, FMCG, and the banking sector.
I’m Archana R. Chettiar, an experienced content creator with
an affinity for writing on personal finance and other financial content. I
love to write on equity investing, retirement, managing money, and more.