After a two-day losing streak today, the stock market ended in the green. Nifty 50 gained 0.56% at the end of the day, reclaiming 19500 levels. The broad market index closed at 19545.75, up from the previous day’s close of 19436.10.
This week, the market is primarily driven by the upcoming RBI’s take on interest rates and festive spree. While the week started sluggishly, the market seems to perform well as it nears the weekend. Today, 35 stocks out of all the stocks of Nifty 50 have inclined, while only 15 stocks witnessed a dip in their prices. Today’s top gainer stocks include Bajaj Auto, LT, M&M, and others, which offered most of the gains that pushed the market upward.
Top 15 Gainer Stocks Today
|Stocks||Previous Closing Price||Today’s Closing Price||Change (%)|
Build your well-diversified portfolio
Create wealth now!
Build your well-diversified portfolio
Create wealth now!
NSE Top 15 Gainer Stocks Today
- Bajaj Auto: Today’s top gainer is one of India’s favorite automobile companies, Bajaj Auto. The stock gained 2.15% today following the release of its sales data for September. While the 2-wheeler sales dropped marginally, the domestic commercial vehicles’ sales have grown by 60% on a YoY basis, and it is also the record highest for the company itself.
- L&T: The second top gainer stock today is Larsen & Turbo Ltd. This infra company gained 2.06% in today’s market session. The last closing price was around 3027.75; today, it closed at 3090.00. The stock price rose following the announcement of securing multiple large orders by the Buildings & Factories segment of the company.
- Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.: This automobile giant gained today 1.76% at the end of the market session. The stock price increased as the company’s sales figure grew by 17%, including exports. In addition, in September 2023, the company sold the highest number of SUVs.
- Titan: The stock gained 1.64%, becoming the fourth gainer stock today. As the festive season is nearing, being a gems, jewelry, and watches manufacturer, the sales are expected to grow, pulling the stock price upward.
- TCS: After a long losing streak for IT companies, TCS has gained to around 1.48%, even though the overall market is sceptical about their Q2 results. The stock gained after announcing its association with the Georgia Government for developing and upgrading its unemployment system. Moreover, today, the company has secured the Market Leader’s position in the HFS Horizon for the supply chain services providers.
- Maruti: India’s favorite automobile company gained around 1.31% today as festive sales increased.
- Eicher Motor: This automobile giant has gained for the second consecutive day. Today, it increased by 1.21%, mainly owing to the 12.1% increase in its domestic sales for the July-September quarter.
- Infosys: Another IT stock on the list of top gainers today as the company announced to launch of its Value Chain Navigator (VCN) together with Economist Impact to help businesses with sustainable growth. The stock gained around 1.16% following the announcement today due to the positive cues in the IT sector.
- Hero Moto Corp: Another favorite two-wheeler brand of India, which gained 1.04% today, which can be linked to the growing sales due to the festive seasons. In addition, the company received a whopping 13688 bookings for its Karizma XMR, their new flagship motorcycle.
- Asian Paints: This consumer durables company is on a gaining streak for the fast few market sessions, primarily owing to the festive season. Today’s stock gained 1.01%, up from its previous day’s close of 3169.90.
- ICICI Bank: This private bank had been losing for the fast many market sessions; however, today, it gained 1%. The uptick in the stock price mainly happened as the company allotted new equity shares to its employees under ESOP –2000.
- SBIN: This PSU Bank is another top gainer today, which surged around 0.98% following its change in management.
- Tata Motors: Following the release of its quarterly sales report, the auto giant gained around 0.95% today. The domestic and export for the four-wheeler compact segment has grown significantly.
- BPCL: For the second consecutive day, BPCL is on the list of top gainers today. The stock gained 0.92% as the crude oil prices seemed to cool.
- Axis Bank: Another private bank made it to the top gainer stocks today. The stock surged by 0.82% in today’s overall positive market session.
As the crude oil prices are cooling down, the festive season is nearing, and the domestic stock market seems to be gaining. However, it still awaiting the RBI’s take on interest rates tomorrow. That said, today, investors gained as most of the stocks performed well after declining for the last two days.
*Disclaimer Note: The securities quoted, if any, are for illustration only and are not recommendatory. This article is for education purposes only and shall not be considered as recommendation or investment advice by Research & Ranking. We will not be liable for any losses that may occur. Investment in securities market are subject to market risks. Read all the related documents carefully before investing. Registration granted by SEBI, membership of BASL, and certification from NISM in no way guarantee the performance of the intermediary or provide any assurance of returns to investors.
I’m Archana R. Chettiar, an experienced content creator with
an affinity for writing on personal finance and other financial content. I
love to write on equity investing, retirement, managing money, and more.