The NSE Nifty 50 ended today’s session in the green, gaining 0.4% to close at 19,811.50. Among the broader indices, small-cap and mid-cap stocks were the biggest winners. The Bank Nifty index closed at 44,409.50 points, up 183.60 points or 0.42%.
Among the sectoral indices, PSU Banks, O&G, and Financial Services were the biggest winners, while consumer durables lost 0.02%. HDFC Life, SBI Life, Coal India, Power Grid Corporation, and BPCL were today’s biggest NSE winners.
NSE Nifty Top Losers Today
|Stocks||Previous Day’s Closing Price||Last Traded Price||Change (%)|
|TATA MOTORS LIMITED||666.2||656||-1.53|
|LARSEN & TOUBRO LIMITED||3101.9||3068||-1.09|
|INDUSIND BANK LIMITED||1446.4||1434||-0.86|
|TATA CONSULTANCY SERVICES LIMITED||3524.05||3509||-0.43|
- Tata Motors Ltd: Tata Motors features on our list of Nifty top losers today for the second time this month. The decrease in MF shareholding in the last quarter, a fall in net profit, declining profit margin (QoQ), the inability to generate net cash, and high promoter stock pledges contributed to the company losing 1.53% of its stock price value. The organization is also linked to ongoing legal cases and regulatory investigations.
- Larsen and Toubro Ltd: L&T features on our list of NSE top losers today for the third time this month. A decrease in MF shareholding in the last quarter, a decline in profit margin (QoQ), and a drop in net profit attributed to the company losing 1.09% of its share price value.
- UPL Ltd.: UPL features on our list of Nifty top losers today for the second time this month. A drop in quarterly net profit, a declining profit margin (QoQ), a decrease in net cash flow, a fall in net profit (YoY), and quarterly revenue resulted in the company losing 0.89% of its stock price value.
- IndusInd Bank Ltd.: IndusInd Bank features for the second consecutive day and fourth time this month on our list of NSE top losers today. A drop in MF shareholding in the last quarter, a decreasing net cash flow, and high promoter stock pledges led to the company losing 0.86% of its share price value.
- Tata Consultancy Services Ltd.: TCS features on our list of Nifty top losers today for the second consecutive day and the fifth time this month. A drop in net cash flow and high promoter stock pledges contributed to the IT giant losing 0.43% of its stock price value.
Commenting on today’s market performance, Shrikant Chouhan, Head of Retail Research at Kotak Securities, said, “Markets snapped a 3-day losing streak on the back of short-covering as positive Asian cues aided recovery. Investors are jittery about the ongoing geopolitical tension in the Middle East and are cautiously making selective bets in an uncertain situation. Also, the Indian market is still expensive, and investors, especially foreign, are using global uncertainty to reduce their exposure in local shares.”
*Disclaimer Note: The securities quoted, if any, are for illustration only and are not recommendatory. This article is for education purposes only and shall not be considered as recommendation or investment advice by Research & Ranking. We will not be liable for any losses that may occur. Investment in securities market are subject to market risks. Read all the related documents carefully before investing. Registration granted by SEBI, membership of BASL, and certification from NISM in no way guarantee the performance of the intermediary or provide any assurance of returns to investors.
I’m Archana R. Chettiar, an experienced content creator with
an affinity for writing on personal finance and other financial content. I
love to write on equity investing, retirement, managing money, and more.