Nifty 50 surpassed the 19800 level today and closed at 19809.45 gaining around 0.61% . Amid global market cues, dovish comments from fed officials bring some sort of relief to the global market which can be felt in the domestic market as well.
Out of Nifty 50’s constituents, 37 stocks moved ahead while 12 declined today and 1 remained unchanged. The top seven stocks which poured in gains for the investors today include some of the FMCG stocks, auto stock, healthcare and others.
Let’s have a look at the top gainers today
Top 7 Gainer Stocks Today
|Stocks||Previous close||LTP||Change (%)|
- Hero Moto Corp: This automobile stock has been moving up for the last three market sessions. Yesterday, it closed at 2976.80, and today, it went up by 4.04% , claiming the top gainer stock position. Hero Moto is India’s first choice when it comes to two-wheelers and during the festive seasons, the sales usually go up which is one of the pivotal reasons behind the stock’s great performance for the past few days. Moreover, it received a whopping response for its new Karizma as well.
- Grasim Industries ltd: This cement and construction material stock has gained 3.31% today. The stock closed at 1918.90 yesterday and opened today at 1935.95. at the end of the day, it closed at 1982.40. The stock surged due to the realty market picking up and overall positive market sentiment.
- Wipro: This IT stock in the previous few weeks dipped significantly. Around mid of last month, the stock was around 440 while it dipped to 404.65 on the 9th of this month, however, for the last two market sessions, it started gaining again. Yesterday, the stock closed at 407.75 and today after gaining 3.27%, it closed at 421.10. Today Wipro has granted restricted stock units which were under its ADS Restricted Stock Unit Plan 2004, to its and its subsidiary companies’ identified employees.
- Ultratech Cement: Another cement company in the list of top gainers today as the realty market is performing well due to the growing economy as well as the festive season. This stock gained 2.10% today and closed at 8330 up from its previous close of 8158.30. While the overall market movement and realty sector boom are the primary reasons, its new agreement with Cemex UAE is also playing its part.
- Reliance Industries: This oil and gas company has soared high today as the market expects the crude prices not to be affected much due to the Israel-Hamas situation. The stock gained 1.62% today and became the fifth top gainer stock today.
- Dr Reddy Laboratories Ltd: The stock surged by 1.56% during the day riding on the global market cues and positive domestic market sentiments. Also, the gains poured by the healthcare sector today can be a good reason behind the rise in the stock price
- Hindustan Unilever Ltd: The seventh top gainer stock today is HUL. This FMCG stock gained 1.54% and sales are expected to grow as the festival has arrived for the year. the stock today closed at 2555.00 from its previous close of 2516.20.
Most of the sectors ended in green today, while most of the gains came from Media, realty and FMCG. As the global market ended in the green, the domestic market followed.
I’m Archana R. Chettiar, an experienced content creator with
an affinity for writing on personal finance and other financial content. I
love to write on equity investing, retirement, managing money, and more.