The global market cues remained mixed throughout the day, keeping the investors on their toes. While the US did not increase the fed rate yesterday, which brought some relief to the market, the geopolitical situation is worsening the markets globally.
With the intensifying geopolitical situation, the tension seems to be increasing regarding crude prices, which will be primarily affected if things are not sorted out.
However, the festive season, the unchanged repo rate by RBI, and economic growth prospects have kept the domestic market stable until now. While the broad market index dipped today, 29 of its constituting stocks were in the green, while the remaining 21 ended in the red. The top gainer stocks today from these 29 stocks gained around 1% to 2% during the market session.
Top 7 Gainer Stocks Today
|Stocks||Previous Closing Price||LTP||Change (%)|
- BPCL: The overall oil and gas sector has gone up the ladder today, and BPCL, one of the leading companies in this sector, has become the top gainer stock today on NSE. The stock went up by 1.82% during the day’s volatile market. However, it is interesting that an oil & gas company gaining the most when the world is tense about the hike in crude prices.
- Maruti: The festive season has already spiked the prices of Maruti shares, and now the announcement of its board meeting to be held on the 17th of this month also makes investors. However, the biggest news that helped the stock gain 1.76% in a market like today’s is the commencement of export of Jimny -5 Door, manufactured in the country.
- Coal India: The stock price went up from 301.85, which was yesterday’s closing, to 306.50 today, gaining 1.54% following the announcement of deferment of the strike at CIL by the trade union, which was supposed to happen. The stock has been positive, as its half-yearly outputs have also increased.
- Power Grid Corp. This power company has made an advance of 1.28% during today’s session to secure the position of fourth top gainer today. The stock has reclaimed its 200 markets after a few days of volatility. This price rise is influenced by increasing power consumption during festivals due to the market scenario.
- Grasim Industries: Another day of making it to the top gainer stocks with an uptick of 1.08%. The investors are positive as the company announced a board meeting on 16 October where they will consider raising funds.
- Bajaj Auto: Along with the festive season, the announcement of the released date for its quarterly results has given the required push to this auto stock. The share has gone up by 1.03% by the end of today.
- JSW Steel: The price of this metal & mining stock gas rose during the day following the announcement of the company being chosen as the ‘preferred bidder’ for Jaisinghpura North Block. The share price went up by 0.93% during today’s session.
In a volatile market like today, most sectors ended in green, which is interesting. However, the IT sector dragged the market down with its adverse view of the sector for the fear of the recession.
*Disclaimer Note: The securities quoted, if any, are for illustration only and are not recommendatory. This article is for education purposes only and shall not be considered as recommendation or investment advice by Research & Ranking. We will not be liable for any losses that may occur. Investment in securities market are subject to market risks. Read all the related documents carefully before investing. Registration granted by SEBI, membership of BASL, and certification from NISM in no way guarantee the performance of the intermediary or provide any assurance of returns to investors.
I’m Archana R. Chettiar, an experienced content creator with
an affinity for writing on personal finance and other financial content. I
love to write on equity investing, retirement, managing money, and more.