Nifty 50 opened today at 19737.25 and closed at 19731.75, down from the previous session’s close at 19751.05. The market was flat throughout the day and ended in the red.
The broad equity market index declined by 0.10% as the global market cues were upsetting. With no chance of the Middle East turmoil ending soon, which has the potential to shoot up crude prices, the overall global market is under threat, and India is no exception.
However, 22 stocks out of this broad market index managed to climb up today, and out of them, here are the top gainer stocks of the day.
NSE Top 10 Gainer Stocks Today
|Stocks||Previous Day’s Closing Price||LTP||Change (%)|
- Hero Moto Corp: This stock has been gaining consecutively for the last six sessions as the festive season is here. The geopolitical issues seem to have not affected Hero Moto Corp’s fans. The stock gained around 1.99% during the day, up from its previous close at 3160.00. Moreover, the recently launched Karizma has caught the eyes of consumers, which is also adding to the stock price gain.
- JSW Steel: This metals and mining stock has also been gaining in the past few sessions. Today, it is the second top gainer stock, with a rise of 1.75% in its price. The reason behind the price rise can be mainly attributed to the announcement of the date of the board meeting. It is decided on 20 October 2023, and the company’s investors look forward to it.
- Tata Steel: Another steel company from the metals and mining sector, which rose today and became the third top gainer stock today. The share surged by 1.64% based on positive sentiments across the metals and mining sector today.
- LTIM: With an increase of 1.39%, LTIM becomes the fourth gainer stock today. The stock has gone up from 5095.15 yesterday to 5165.80 today at the end of the day. Today, LTIMindtree signed an agreement with Eurolife FFH for the Green Carpet Platform, which is the prime reason behind the price surge even on such a gloomy day.
- UPL: This chemical industry stock has been gaining significantly in the last few days. Today, it is the fifth top gainer stock, which has increased by around 1.30%, and this rise is primarily due to market movement.
- HCL Tech: This stock went upward after the second quarter’s results were released. It moved1.28% today, closing at 1272.00, up from the previous day’s closing.
- Coal India: Finally, we have an Oil and Gas Company as a top gainer today, though the market is worried about oil prices rising. Coal India gained 1.12% in today’s session, up from its previous close of 307.95, following the announcement of an increase in its revenues and supplies.
While the global market is highly volatile, the festive season and robust economic growth in the country are helping the Indian stock market remain stable than other economies.
*Disclaimer Note: The securities quoted, if any, are for illustration only and are not recommendatory. This article is for education purposes only and shall not be considered as recommendation or investment advice by Research & Ranking. We will not be liable for any losses that may occur. Investment in securities market are subject to market risks. Read all the related documents carefully before investing. Registration granted by SEBI, membership of BASL, and certification from NISM in no way guarantee the performance of the intermediary or provide any assurance of returns to investors.
I’m Archana R. Chettiar, an experienced content creator with
an affinity for writing on personal finance and other financial content. I
love to write on equity investing, retirement, managing money, and more.