Nifty 50 nears the 19700 mark, as Asian markets seemed to have positive sentiments. After a gloomy day due to the drastic conditions in Israel and Hamas, today, the market again picked up and rallied close to 1%. Nifty 50 increased by 0.91% and ended at 19689.85.
Only five of these broad market index stocks ended in the red, while one remained unchanged, and the other 44 stocks offered gains during today’s market session. Out of these 44, here are today’s seven top gainer stocks, which poured in the highest gains.
Top Gainer Stocks Today
|Stocks||Previous Day’s Closing Price||Last Traded Price||Change (%)|
NSE Top Gainers
- Coal India: This stock has gained 5.07% during the day. The stock price grew from 287.80 in the last session to 302.40 today. While the positive market sentiment influenced the surge in the prices, however, the company’s positive second quarter and half-yearly results also make the investors hopeful about this coal giant. Coal India’s output rose by 11.30% during the first half of FY24, and its supplies to power plants across the country and adored increased by 10 MTs.
- Adani Ports: The next top gainer today is Adani Ports, which gained 3.54% at the end of the session. The stock closed at 790.05 yesterday, while today it closed at 818.00. The stock gained mainly due to positive market sentiments and the government’s take on crude prices
- Bharti Airtel: This telecom stock is in the top gainers after quite some time. The stock gained around 2.54% and closed at 948.00; in the previous session, it closed at 924.55. The investors seemed to support the decision as the company moved to the Supreme Court seeking relief in the hefty AGR dues.
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: This is our fourth top gainer stock today, which surged by 2.43%. The stock price jumped today due to its announcement of releasing the second quarter’s and half-yearly results on 21 October 2023. It is also the overall Asian market that is witnessing a positive rally that profoundly affects the domestic stock price.
- Hindalco Industries: The overall metal sector gained during the day. The Nifty Metal went up by 2.05% today. Hindalco, being one of the biggest metals and mining companies, today gained 2.38% during the day. The stock gained 11.20 points today and ended at 473.00 from its previous close of 469.80.
- Tata Motors: Similar to the metal sector, the automobile sector has also performed significantly. This automobile stock has gained 2.15% during the day. The festive month is here; thus, automobile sales are picking up. Moreover, the crude oil prices are affecting the stock.
- Adani Enterprise: This is the seventh top gainer stock today, which increased by 2.15% and ended at 2495.00. Again, This is one of the Metal and Mining stocks that has gained riding on the positive market sentiments and the overall sector going up.
Today’s top gainers have primarily surged due to positive market sentiment despite adverse global cures. Many of the gains poured in today can be linked to anticipation regarding crude prices, nearing the festive season, upcoming quarterly results for the second quarter, and the positive Asian market.
I’m Archana R. Chettiar, an experienced content creator with
an affinity for writing on personal finance and other financial content. I
love to write on equity investing, retirement, managing money, and more.