After opening at 19446.30 today, down from the previous close of 19528.75, the Nifty 50 finally closed today at 19436.10, which is 0.47% down from yesterday’s closing price.
The market has been sluggish throughout the day, and only a few stocks gained significantly. As investors await RBI’s take on interest rates, due on 6 October 2023, they seem sceptical about pouring in new funds. While RBI’s upcoming decision has primarily driven the market this week, other factors like rising crude prices, inflationary pressure, and adverse climatic conditions across the country are also putting pressure on the markets.
However, 11 stocks offered gains today out of the 50 stocks of Nifty 50. Today’s top gainer stocks include Adani Enterprise, Nestle India, and Eicher Motor, with some significant gains.
NSE Top 10 Gainer Stocks Today
Top Gainer Stocks Today [NSE]
- Adani Enterprise: With the announcement of new investments from IHC, Adani Enterprise’s stock price soared today. The stock gained the most amongst the Nifty 50 constituents, rising by 3.23%. After a weeklong fall in prices, the leading infrastructure giant finally returned as IHC nodded to enhance its investments in the company.
- Nestle India: This FMCG Company has been in the green throughout the day after announcing a stock split decision yesterday. Nestle India has become the second top gainer today, surging by 3.03% during the market session. The stock closed at 22992.35 from its previous day’s close at 22315.25, gaining 677.10 today.
- Eicher Motor: The third on the list of top gainer stocks today is Eicher Motor. This automobile stock has gained 1.63% today after it released its sales figures for September. The month’s overall sales from the trucks and busses segment have increased by 7.2% on a YoY basis. The YTD sales have also increased by 10.4%, as per the report.
- Hindustan Unilever: The HUL share price has increased by 1.61% today from its close of 2468.90. The investors seem to be hopeful about this FMCG stock due to the festive season arriving.
- HDFC Bank: Contrary to the PSU banks, this private sector bank’s share price has increased by 1.59% in today’s market session. The stock closed at 1532.00, up by 23.95 from the previous day’s close of 1508.05. The stock price increased following the release of its financial reports. Gross advances have increased by 57.7% on a YoY basis and by 44.4% on a QoQ basis. The domestic loans segment of the bank has also grown by 111.5% during the same period.
- Infosys: This IT giant has gained around 1.08%, becoming the sixth top gainer stock today. During the previous few market sessions, the stock price dropped consecutively due to sluggish IT sector growth and recession fears. However, today, it went up from the previous close of 1434.00 to 1449.50 as the IT market shows signs of recovery.
- TCS: Tata Consultancy Services is another IT stock that has been a top gainer today. The stock gained 0.89% throughout the day and finally closed at 3545.00 from the previous close of 3513.85. The gains resulted from the announcement of TCS’s multi-year partnership with Asda for Divestiture and Digital Transformation Deal.
- Britannia Industries: Another FMCG stock on the list of top gainers today. India’s favorite biscuits brand gained 0.88% in today’s market session as the overall FMCG sector performed well.
- HCL Technologies: This tech company also gained today marginally by 0.25%. Like other IT stocks, this stock is also performing sluggishly as analysts are cautious about the Q2 performance of the company.
- BPCL: This oil & gas company also gained 0.15% today as it is supposed to start selling spot gasoil cargo within a year.
While the overall market was down today, as the IT sector soared along with the FMCG sector, most top gainers today are from these two sectors. Moreover, the release of September’s financials also influenced investors today.
*Disclaimer Note: The securities quoted, if any, are for illustration only and are not recommendatory. This article is for education purposes only and shall not be considered as recommendation or investment advice by Research & Ranking. We will not be liable for any losses that may occur. Investment in securities market are subject to market risks. Read all the related documents carefully before investing. Registration granted by SEBI, membership of BASL, and certification from NISM in no way guarantee the performance of the intermediary or provide any assurance of returns to investors.
I’m Archana R. Chettiar, an experienced content creator with
an affinity for writing on personal finance and other financial content. I
love to write on equity investing, retirement, managing money, and more.