Indian share market today is back with positive sentiments. While yesterday, the market was in red, today, it is again in green with most of the sectors performing well.
“India will handle it with maturity. As far as the energy sector is concerned, the place where the action is taking place is in many respects the centre of global energy. We will watch very carefully,” ANI quoted Puri as saying .
“We will navigate our way through this. These kinds of uncertainties only encourage people to sustainable and cleaner fuel,” he further
This assertion seems to work for Indian investors who were worried yesterday. Nifty 50 has opened today at 19565.60, up from its previous day’s close of 19512.35. It gained around 0.51% until 11.15 a.m. and reclaimed its 19600 level.
Stock Market Sectors in the Green Today
NSE Realty Sector Today
As the share market today has soaked in the shock of the Israel and Hamas situation, it is again back with its festive enthusiasm, and it can be felt highly in the realty sector. The sectoral index – Nifty Realty is up by 4.69% currently . None of the stocks in Nifty Realty Index is in the red today.
Realty Stocks Today
- Prestige is pouring huge gains today and the share price has skyrocketed by 15% since yesterday’s closing price. Its record-breaking sales for the first half of FY 24 have a lot to do with this price surge. The sales have gone up by 69% during this period on a YoY basis and for the second quarter of FY24, the sales have shot up by 102% on a YoY basis. Along with the results, the change in this management has also influenced the company’s price to surge significantly today.
- The share price of Godrej Properties also shot up by 6 % until yesterday’s closing price following its announcement of opening its first hotel, which will be Taj – The Trees in Vikhroli, Mumbai.
NSE Auto Sector Today
The government’s affirmation on monitoring crude oil prices, and the festive season have pulled up the Auto sector today. The Nifty Auto Index is up by 1.16% and this sectoral index has nothing in the red today as well.
Auto Stocks Today
- The auto stock that has gained the most until now in the share market today is Bharat Forge Ltd. The stock has gone by 2.63% until now. The rise is purely due to festive season sales, and cooling down tension over crude prices.
- Samvardhana Motherson International is the next auto stock to gain 2.49% until now which is again due to a spike in sales during the festivals.
NSE PSU Bank Sector Today
After two days of slogging performance, PSU Banks are again back with the Nifty PSU Bank Index going up by 1.20% until 11.37 am. This sectoral index also has all the constituents moving in the green, which is an interesting site.
PSU Bank Stocks Today
- Union Bank has been the top gainer until now in this sector with a surge of 3.62%. While the positive market sentiment, RBI keeping interest rates unchanged has a positive effect on overall PSU banks, Union Bank’s stock price is also rising following the change in its directors. Shri Sanjay Rudra has been appointed as the new executive director of this PSU bank.
- UCO Bank is following with an increase in its share price of 2.85% . RBI appointed a new board member – Mr Vijaykumar Nivrutti Kamble as the Executive Director of UCO Bank on 9 October 2023.
Stock Market Sectors in the Red Today
Today, there is only one sector in the red at around 11.45 am but that too by an insignificant margin. Nifty Healthcare Index is down only by 0.02% however, it seems to be going upward and thus, it may turn green anytime soon.
So, the share market today is again tuning in to the festive vibes, leaving back the worries of the Israel-Hamas situation. The overall market is in green with no sectors in the red. However, gains pouring by the realty sector are unimaginable.
I’m Archana R. Chettiar, an experienced content creator with
an affinity for writing on personal finance and other financial content. I
love to write on equity investing, retirement, managing money, and more.