The positive sentiments across global markets have influenced the domestic Indian share market today. The Asian markets, including Japan, Hong Kong, and China, are also pouring gains, which made the Nifty 50 inch closer to the 19700 level yesterday.
“Hope that the Israel-Hamas conflict might not spillover into a larger West Asia crisis and impact crude oil prices also aided the positive momentum”, according to analysts.
Today, the broad market index opened at 19767 and is currently at 19814, gaining 0.63% until 10:53 a.m. All the sectors are green, with media, healthcare, realty, and FMCG at the top.
Stock Market Sectors in the Green Today
NSE Realty Sector Today
The Realty sector is on a roll, after yesterday’s huge gains, today, the sector has moved up again. The Nifty Realty index has gained 1.46% until 11:30 a.m. in the share market today.
Realty Stocks Today
- Phoenix Ltd. has been the highest gainer until now, with an uptick of 3.45% following its announcement of the institutional investors meet and a 20% growth in its retail consumptions during the second quarter of FY23.
- The next stock which gained significantly in today’s session until now is Prestige Estate Projects. The stock has gained around 2.98%, riding on the gaining market’s back and due to its exceptional quarterly results.
NSE Healthcare Sector Today
The healthcare sector in the share market today, is offering some of the highest gains. The Nifty Healthcare index has surged by 1.19% until 11.16 a.m. Again, the overall gaining spree across the market is playing its role in boosting the sector today. The stocks in this sector which are offering the highest gains include –
Healthcare Stocks Today
- Max Health: The stock has gained 5.51% until now in today’s market session after dropping to 555 yesterday. Today, the stock opened at 570.35 and is currently at 585.05. The stock has been gaining mainly owing to the positivity around the overall market.
- Torrent Pharma: This healthcare sector stock has offered a 1.58% spike in its price until now and is currently at 1897.85. Yesterday, it closed at 1868.25. Both positive market sentiment and the announcement of the release of its quarterly results on the 23rd of this month have been pulling the stock upward.
NSE Media Sector Today
Nifty Media Index has gained around 0.95% until 11 a.m. today, encouraged by the overall positive market sentiments. The stocks that are pulling the sector upward include –
Media Stocks Today
- Saregama: This media stock has gained around 1.74% during the first half of the day. While the primary reason behind the surge in its price is the upswing in the overall market, the festive season also adds to the gains. In addition, there have been changes in its management in the last week.
- PVR Inox: As the festive season is here, new movies are in the pipeline, and this stock is on the top list of investors today. The stock has gained 1.35% from yesterday’s close of 1687.25. The theatre chain has also been granted a positive nod from the Hon’ble National Company Law Tribunal, Mumbai Bench, for its amalgamation with Shouri Properties Private Limited.
NSE FMCG Sector Today
FMCG stocks ought to rally during its festive season. This sector is up, with the Nifty FMCG index gaining around 0.77% until now.
FMCG Stocks Today
- Colgate Palmolive is the top gainer until now in this sector, with a 2.20% rise from the previous session’s closing price of 2030.35. It is purely the festive vibes and the market sentiments that are pulling the stock up today.
- Radico Khaitan has also gained around 1.92% until now as the festive sales have begun.
As the market didn’t react much to the Israel and Hamas war, and crude prices are still in check, the global markets are thus positive, which is also pulling up the domestic market. Moreover, the second quarter’s results and festive season are all in favor of the market today.
I’m Archana R. Chettiar, an experienced content creator with
an affinity for writing on personal finance and other financial content. I
love to write on equity investing, retirement, managing money, and more.