The year 2021 was one of the best IPO years in the last 20 years, with some surpassing all-time performances in the IPO market. However, the gloomy economic prospects, gripping inflation, geopolitical tensions caused by the Russia-Ukraine crisis, and rising inflation rates made going public difficult.
The IPO frenzy continued in 2022, with several companies going public because of the business-friendly policies and speedy digitization. While some IPOs achieved massive listing gains, some sank to lows and became the list of the worst-performing IPOs. We’ve compiled a list of big-ticket-size upcoming IPOs in India that could be the next multi-baggers.
We looked through our list of the upcoming IPOs in India that you should keep an eye out for
List of the Upcoming IPOs in India
Snapshot of some of the top upcoming IPOs in India, with their issue size (in crores):
|Company Name||IPO Size (in Crores)|
|Tata Technologies IPO||Rs. 4000 crores (*OFS of 9.57 crore equity shares)|
|Honasa Consumer (Mamaearth)Ltd IPO||Rs. 400 crores + OFS of 4.68 crores|
|Le Travenues Technology (Ixigo) Ltd IPO||Rs. 1600 crores|
|Yatra Online IPO||Rs. 750 crores|
|Navi Technologies IPO||Rs. 3300 crores|
|EbixCash IPO||Rs. 6000 crores|
|Mankind Pharmaceuticals IPO||Rs. 4,326.36 crores|
|Aadhar Housing Finance IPO||Rs. 7300 crores (*Fresh issue of 1500cr)|
Important Details About the Upcoming IPOs in India You Need to Know
Before rushing to invest, learning more about the upcoming IPOs in India is crucial. Understanding more about the company can help you make the right decision.
Tata Technologies Ltd IPO
In the list of upcoming IPOs in India, you will find the salt to technology conglomerate Tata has filed for an IPO with an issue size of Rs.4000 crores, 19 years after its last IPO. In addition, it includes an Offer for Sale (OFS) of 9.57 crore equity shares.
Highlights of Upcoming IPOs in India: Tata Technologies Ltd IPO
- Tata Motors, which has a stake of 74.69% in Tata Tech, is offloading 81.1 million shares or 20% of its stake in the company. Other companies selling their shares through this upcoming IPO include Alpha TC Holdings selling 9.7 million shares, and Tata Fund I is selling 4.9 million shares.
- Tata Technologies Ltd, headquartered in Singapore, is a leading provider of sustainable solutions through OEMs (Original Equipment Manufacturers) in the aerospace, engineering, automotive, manufacturing, and IT industries.
- With a 9300+ global workforce, the company is the 15th largest IT company in the Fortune India Infotech industry ranking.
- Tata Technologies Ltd, a global engineering and digital services company, is the first company in the Tata group to be floated on stock markets following TCS’s IPO in 2004.
- In 2022, the company recorded a year-on-year growth of 47% in revenue, 65% in operating profit, and 74% in post-tax profits.
- Intense competition, rapid expansions, dependence on skilled professionals, economic slowdown, and revenue concentrated in the automotive sectors are among the few prevailing risk factors.
For detailed information, please read our article on upcoming IPOs in India: Tata Technologies IPO and Share Price Details – 9 IMP Points (researchandranking.com)
The next big brand name on the list of upcoming IPOs in India is Mamaearth, a renowned skincare startup that has put its IPO plans on hold. Mamaerath filed its DRHP with SEBI on December 22 with plans to raise funds through a fresh issue of Rs. 400 crores and an Offer For Sale (OFS) of Rs. 4.68 crores.
Highlights of Upcoming IPOs in India: Mamaearth IPO
- India’s fastest-growing Beauty and Personal Care (BPC) Brand, Mamaearth, reached an annual revenue of Rs. 1000 crore six months after its launch in 2016. It has 35 Exclusive Brand Outlets across the country.
- The company has built its brand recognition through its claim to produce organic or plant-based beauty, wellness, and baby skincare products. Aside from having a good market share in the online BPC market (5.3% in 2021), the company plans to scale up its offline market share using the funds raised through the IPO.
- Due to its customer-centric and innovative approach, Mamaearth was among the only two companies with a positive EBITDA margin in 2021.
- In FY22, the company turned a profit of Rs 19 crore, compared to losses of Rs1,332 crore in FY21 and Rs 428 crore in FY20.
- The revenues increased eightfold between FY20-22. However, will Mamaearth continue such exponential growth in the future, despite an expected 12% growth rate in BPC products by 2026, remains to be seen.
To know the full details on this upcoming IPOs in India, read our blog Mamaearth IPO – All You Need To Know About The D2C.
Le Travenues Technology (ixigo) IPO
The Ixigo IPO is one of India’s most widely discussed upcoming IPOs. Ixigo, a tech-driven travel aggregator, plans to raise Rs. 1600 crores through this IPO, comprising fresh shares worth Rs. 750 crores and OFS worth Rs. 850 crores.
Highlights of Upcoming IPO in India: Ixigo (La Travenues) IPO
- Founded in 2007 by Alok Bajpai and Rajnish Kumar, Ixigo enables Indian travelers to plan their trips by leveraging AI across their OTA (Online Travel Aggregator) platform.
- It facilitates the booking of air, train, and bus tickets by providing unparalleled services such as confirmation predictions, train seat availability alerts, train running status updates and delay predictions, personalized recommendations, instant fare alerts, and automated assistance through a handy tool.
- This professionally managed public-owned company combines data-driven technology with innovation, propelling Ixigo to the third-largest flight OTA, the largest train-booking OTA, and the third-largest bus ticketing OTA.
- The company’s revenue from operations increased 3.3 times between fiscal years 2019 and 21, and the number of transactions booked increased at a CAGR of 41.59% between fiscal years 19 and 21.
- The performance of this upcoming IPO in India largely relies on the renewal of government contracts, permits, the possibility of the recurrence of another pandemic, travel restrictions, weather conditions, and natural calamities.
To know the complete details of this upcoming IPO in India, read our blog, The Le Travenues Technology (Ixigo) IPO – All You Need To Know
Navi Technologies IPO
Navi Technologies IPO is set to raise Rs. 3,350 crores via its IPO. Founded in 2018 by Flipkart founder Sachin Bansal, it is a fintech startup that offers a wide range of loan and insurance products backed by AI/ML-based underwriting.
Highlights of Upcoming IPO in India: Navi Technologies IPO
- With a customer-first philosophy, Navi offers easy payment options to its customers to pay their insurance premiums, making their products both affordable and attractive.
- In FY21, Navi Technologies’ revenue increased 3.9 times at Rs. 799 crores over Rs. 199 crores revenue reported in FY20. Despite posting a loss of 8 crores in FY20, it posted a profit of 71.1 crores in FY21.
- Navi Technologies, one of the leading end-to-end direct-to-customer services, offers services through its “Navi App,” which forayed into the asset management business in 2021. In addition, Navi launched its first passive index fund – “Navi Nifty 50 Index,” in July 2021.
- Customers can sign up for its personal lending and retail health insurance products in under 4.5 and 2.5 minutes, respectively, making it the lender with the shortest turnaround time (TAT).
- Risks to the new-age digital lender include stiff competition from other players, the need to consistently invest in evolving data science and technology, prevalent credit and default risks, and higher borrowing costs than traditional bankers.
To read the full details of this upcoming IPO in India, read our blog on Navi Technologies IPO | Price of Navi IPO, Issue Date 2023 (researchandranking.com)
Our informative blogs have covered some other upcoming IPOs in India in detail. We hope you will gain deeper insights on various topics ranging from financial performance and company overview to their IPO objectives and everything in between.
Find the other IPO blogs here
You will have a solid grasp of the IPO game’s mechanics after reading our list of upcoming IPOs in India. However, while IPOs provide the best opportunities for wealth creation, it is essential to remember that not all IPOs perform well after they are listed on the bourses.
Some IPOs may forever change the game, and once you’ve identified a winner, sit back and enjoy the profits of your investment. However, be cautious when selecting the IPOs to invest in. Read the Draft Red Herring Prospectors (DRHP) to gain insights into the company’s fundamentals, revenue growth, profitability, cash flows, and funds utilization before you buy it.
How to increase the possibility of IPO Allotment?
Bidding through multiple Demat accounts is the best way to increase your chances of getting an IPO allotment. In addition, if the IPO is launched by a company whose parent company is already listed on the stock exchanges, list it under the “Shareholder category.” This increases your IPO allocation.
What is the issue size of a company floating an IPO?
The issue size of an IPO represents the size of the company. The size of the issue is determined by several factors, including the valuation of the company issuing the IPO, the number of shares offered, and the company’s growth prospects.